|Sunday's Bridal - Consignment
Consignment is a process in which the consignee (the seller) pays the consignor (the person who owns the item) a portion of the proceeds from the sale. Payment is not made until and unless the item actually sells. The consignor retains title to the item at all times, and can end the arrangement at any time by requesting return of the item. A specified period of time is commonly arranged, after which time if the item does not sell the owner can reclaim the item (or, if not reclaimed within a period of time, the seller can dispose of the item at his/her discretion).
Below are the specific guidelines for consigning items with Sunday’s Bridal
- Bridal gowns must be no more than 3 years old; however, we will consider older gowns that have a classic or unique style.
- All items must be in excellent condition and must be professionally cleaned.
- Please contact us (email@example.com) to set up an appointment to discuss consigning process. Please also be prepared to answer questions concerning the designer, original purchase price, size of the dress, extent of alterations, year purchased, etc… And by all means please bring the dress when you come!
- There is a one-time $5 administration charge for all wedding gowns placed on consignment.
- The consignment selling price will be determined at our discretion and will be based on the original cost of the item, style, age, and condition. Upon the consignor's consent, the price may be reduced by 10-15% every 30 days. A minimum sell price will be determined at time of consignment so there are no surprises for either party.
- If your gown sells, you will receive an agreed upon percentage of the sale price. We will notify you after the sale, and will send payment via check or other agreed upon method on the 10th of the month following the month of the sale.
- If after 90 days, your gown has not sold, you may pick it up. Note that Sunday’s Bridal is not obligated to notify you at the end of the 90 day period. If the gown is not retrieved within a reasonable period after the 90-day contract period, Sunday’s Bridal reserves to right to donate your wedding gown or dispose of in a manner that Sunday’s Bridal determines appropriate.